On Saturday I went to a reptile sanctuary, which has come to be known as the 'snake park'. A co-worker Kevin and his two girls invited me to tag along with them – apparently it's a must see for new visitors to the Gambia! A French researcher has put together this zoo of Gambian snakes and reptiles to educate the public about which creatures are dangerous (even deadly!) and which ones are harmless...because you never know who you'll encounter out there! He also works to help save species which are very rare in the area by providing a safe environment for living and breeding. A very fun and informative morning was topped off by the chance to wear a snake as a scarf – I've never been a huge fan of snake-skin apparell! Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could get a picture for myself, but Kevin snapped one so as soon as I get the picture I'll put it up.
Woohoo for pictures!
ReplyDeleteNice to see something different than the inaugration coverage that's consuming every other website :).