It certainly didn't feel like my birthday without the snow and cold of an Ottawa January. Nonetheless, I am another year older and hopefully another year wiser. It was hard not being at home with family and friends but we tried to celebrate in a way that would remind me of home. Shauna greeted me in the morning with a nice cup of coffee for the walk to work. It was a usual day in the shop. The guys had fun trying to guess my age - I was flattered that the guessing started at 21, but quickly became 27 after they added on years (and years) of school and workterms.
After work, Shauna and I went in search of ingredients for Mom's famous sweet potatoes. After many substitutions, we managed to pull something together that was decent...but didn't taste like the sweet potatoes I'm used to.
Luckily the cake turned out great!
We were so tired after all the baking that we just hung out at my place. Doug, a senior technician from the department and neighbour in the building, came over for a piece of cake.
Happy belated birthday, Miss Bevelah!
ReplyDeleteMan, it seems like only yesterday me and your other obnoxious roommates were re-wrapping your furniture as presents.