My apologies for not updating lately! I've been having some technology frustrations this week. Although I prepared myself to be more patient and adaptable to such problems here, surprisingly the sources of my issues this week have not been Gambian related. Firstly, Future Shop sold me the wrong adapter for my laptop so until today I haven't been able to charge it. Thankfully, one of the techs in the shop pieced together a cord with the right fixtures at each end so now I can blog away! The second problem is related to some recent security issues in the UK involving lost laptops and consequently some important information. They have since cracked down on computer security and proper encrytion of data and since I am technically working for a UK organization, the same rules apply to us here. So I cannot connect my laptop at work, or do any blogging or uploading of pictures using their internet connection! Pity!
So finally, I'm at our favourite internet cafe, with a charged laptop and a load of pictures to upload! Hopefully I can get a few up before the internet connection cuts out....but that's to be expected. I'm in the Gambia after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's rough, Beveroo. Thanks for thinking of your fans back home and working hard to get your pics up! :)
ReplyDelete